Waiver Lawyer in McAllen Texas

The immigration system might seem complicated based on your circumstances, but as experienced attorneys, we believe most cases have a solution. It is very common for tourists or visitors to the U.S. to overstay their visas. This means individuals stay over the 3 to 5 weeks period. If you are in this situation you can apply for a “waiver of inadmissibility.” Like other waivers, applicants are required to provide evidence that their immediate family members would experience extreme hardship if they were not allowed to be in the United States together. If you think you qualify for a waiver call us for a free consultation in McAllen Texas 956-313-9333.

About Waivers

If you entered the United States illegally and have surpassed the 180-day visitation limit, you will need to leave the United States to apply for a green card at a U.S. embassy or consulate. If individuals are registered as having an unlawful presence, the government will implement an order of 3 to 10 years that will block the individual’s access to the country. To avoid this, individuals must apply for a “waiver of inadmissibility” to return to the United States.

However, not everyone is able to apply for a waiver. To qualify, applicants will have to show that they are a “qualifying relative”, meaning that they have a spouse or a parent who is either a U.S. citizen or U.S. green cardholder. Then they must show that they might experience “extreme hardship” after they are not allowed to live in the United States anymore. This means applicants need to prepare evidence showing that their spouse and children might suffer from hardships after leaving the country. It is important that you also provide a strong reason that you and your spouse can’t live together in your home country.

It is essential that you remember that overstaying your visa, remaining in the United States without legal status, and entering the United States illegally can complicate the waiver process. If you find yourself in any of these situations contact Abogado Guerrero at our McAllen Texas location to provide a solution for you.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071