Deferred Action Lawyer in Clinton North Carolina

After deportation, many families lose hope in seeing their deportee family member ever again. Fortunately, there are several options for some families as long as they meet certain requirements. The first thing you have to consider is hiring an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer. At Abogado Guerrero, we carefully examine your case and come up with solutions for you. Contact us today (910) 379-4688 at our office in Clinton, North Carolina if you are facing deportation.

How can deportation be prevented?

There are different ways in which we can approach your case when facing deportation. First, we have to take a look at the way you were given notice. If the notice of deportation was sent to the wrong address and if the notice was sent to your attorney and not to you, then we can fight your case. Another way that deportation can be prevented is by proving that you are not deportable. This includes having a clean criminal record, having a minor offense like a traffic ticket, and lastly, if the government did not correctly apply the correct legal precedent, then you can appeal your case. After appealing your case you might be granted an adjustment of status. Sometimes when people overstay their current stay (like a student visa) and forget to renew, a judge can adjust his or her status to being lawfully present. This means that you may be labeled as a temporary resident or an asylee. Withholding of removal is similar to asylum relief but it is more beneficial since it is not limited to one year. But it requires a higher proof of danger than an asylum application. To obtain withholding of removal the individual has to provide evidence that his life is at risk in his/her home country.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071