Guardianship Lawyer in Clinton North Carolina

Appointing a legal guardian to care for a minor or an individual who is unable to care for themselves due to incapacity or disability can be a very complicated situation. Courts may appoint a guardian who is not a parent of the child to care for the minor in a number of different situations. Some of these situations include when parents abandoned a child, when a child’s parents have died, or when a child’s parents are in some way incapable of providing the proper care needed for the child. The guardian selected could be a family member, close friend, or any other person that the court feels would act in the best interest of the child. A legal guardian of the minor can be granted both physical custody of the minor, or they may act as a financial guardian who holds authority over the property of the minor.   

An individual who holds guardianship of a minor will be responsible to provide for the minor’s physical and personal needs. The legal guardian is responsible for ensuring that the minor receive food, shelter, clothing, education, and medical care. A legal guardian also has the right to make all decisions regarding the health and education of the minor. A legal guardian will hold custody of the minor until the minor reaches the age of eighteen, or a judge determines that the minor no longer needs a guardian. In the case where a minor has a substantial amount of money or property, a financial guardian may be appointed to manage and protect the assets of the minor. A financial guardian will be responsible for making all financial decisions for a minor until the minor reaches the legal age.   

Our team of attorneys will help you through your guardianship matters including contested guardianships and disputes over trusts set aside for the care of a loved one under guardianship. The Abogado Guerrero team will be with you throughout every step of the guardianship process, so call us today for a free consultation 910-379-4688.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071