Unlawful Presence Lawyer in Miami, Florida

Any foreign person living in the U.S. without a valid visa or other proper documentation is considered unlawfully present in the country. As unlawful immigrants, individuals might face removal if discovered. According to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), an unlawful immigrant who lives in the country for over 180 days and then leaves the U.S. voluntarily, will not be eligible to return. Individuals can become ineligible for reentry for three years from the date of their exit from the U.S. If any foreign national is unlawfully present for one year or more and leaves the country, they would be inadmissible for 10 years after their date of removal. These restrictions are called the 3-year bar and the 10-year bar.

Exceptions & Waivers

Some people in particular situations may be excluded from the 3 and 10-year bars. Minors under the age of 17 are not considered for such punishment, and neither are asylees or refugees who have protection from deportation or removal. Immediate family members of people with removal orders might also get waivers of removal if deportation would pose intense hardship for the deportee and his/her family.

Get Legal Counsel Right Away

As an experienced immigration lawyer, Abogado Guerrero can help you avoid removal or obtain a waiver for a family member in such a situation. The legal team at Abogado Guerrero has excellent removal defense experience and a complete understanding of all immigration laws. We practice immigration law, offering people extensive insight into all kinds of cases. Call now for a free consultation so we can review your case with an experienced immigration attorney in Miami, Florida 786-626-9546.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071