Asylum Lawyer in Miami, Florida

Every year, in the United States, thousands of people come to the U.S. y Mexico border to seek refugee. These people apply for refugee or asylum. Those who are currently based in the United States can seek asylum, and those who are currently in another country can ask for refugee protection. This can be done under the circumstances that you have suffered persecution in your home country or where your last residence was; or that you have a well-founded fear of getting persecuted in the future. However, the process to seek asylum is not easy. Those seeking asylum will have to go through complex processes that take quite some time. Depending on your situation, once you get asylum, you can even apply for permanent residence to live in the United States and can also find a way to apply for your family to live with you in the United States.

For immigrants to be granted Asylum, they must fit the definition of “refugee” based on international law. The refugees must be under the circumstances where they can’t go back to their country or can’t seek protection in their country. As mentioned above, the refugee must have a valid reason to seek asylum which includes the fear of being persecuted or the event of persecution in the past based on their religion, political opinion, race, nationality, membership in a particular social group. While applying for asylum, you must keep in mind that one of these grounds must be the central, main purpose of you being persecuted.

There are two types of ways in which a person can seek asylum. Affirmative Asylum process and Defensive Asylum process. In the Affirmative Asylum Process, the person who is currently based in the United States and is not in the process of removal can apply for asylum. The Defensive Asylum Process is for individuals who have been placed under removal by an immigration judge. If you want to seek asylum in the United States, call us at our Miami office at 786-626-9546.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071