Termination of Parental Rights Lawyer in Miami Florida

A case regarding termination of parental rights is considered a termination of rights parents have of their children. After a judge signs a court order, the parent loses rights, communication, and decision-making in the child’s life.
You might have many questions regarding the termination of parental rights, but don’t worry Abogado Guerrero wants to make sure you are at peace while we handle your case.

A child doesn’t always have to file for a petition of termination, other people can do it such as guardians, parents, or another family member. However, it is harder for a judge to accept the petition unless the reason is a valid one.

The reasons for petitioning the termination of parental rights vary from state to state but some of the main reasons are the following:

1. Sexual Assault.
2. Neglect.
3. The Parent is Unfit.
4. Physical Abuse.
5. Long-term alcohol or drug use by the parents.

Where and How can you file a petition?

You have to file in two separate counties if the child and the parent live in separate counties. If you need to file immediately, a judge can grant you a temporary restraining order, which will last until you get your court hearing date. Abogado Guerrero can help you file for orders that will ensure your safety, call us today for a FREE consultation at 786-626-9546.

What is decided on the Termination of Parental Rights?

Besides ending the relationship of parent and child. The Termination of Parental Rights can also grant:

-Child support
-Any type of Inheritance
-Ability to change the name

What Abogado Guerrero Can Do For You

As a specialized attorney in Family Law, we understand your needs regarding termination of parental rights. We take these matters very seriously and we want to help you as much as we can. We recommend having an experienced attorney like Abogado Guerrero by your side to aid you during the process.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071