Guardianship Lawyer in Miami Florida

Guardianship is a relationship that is monitored by the family court. An order by a judge takes away the rights from a person and gives them to a new guardian. This is done in cases when a person or child cannot take care of themselves. Guardianship is usually needed in the case of incapacitated adults and minors. These incapacitated adults can have a mental condition or any physical issue that makes them unstable and unable to make a decision for themselves. If a person is incapable of providing himself clothing, food, and shelter, the guardian must be able to provide for them. There are various categories in which someone can seek guardianship. Sometimes there can be a family member who can become the guardian of a child or disabled person. The guardian will make decisions regarding education, health, financial and other issues when the person is incapable of communicating. The complete process for filing to become an adequately appointed Guardian is the following. First, an individual has to apply with the county court. Then after applying, the court will evaluate the needs of the person who is incapacitated or the child. The person interested in being the guardian will be notified if they were accepted or not.

Accordingly, Florida law provides for limited as well as plenary adult guardianship. Sometimes a limited guardianship is given if the guardian is found lacking the capacity to not be able to perform the tasks necessary to care for his or her children. A plenary guardian is a person appointed by the court to have full legal rights and powers of the adult ward or children after the court makes a finding of incapacity.

Contact the Experts

Abogado Guerrero has expert lawyers that will help you accomplish the goals you have for your guardianship cases. Contact us today for a FREE consultation in Miami Florida (786) 626-9546.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071