Asylum Lawyer in Immokalee Florida

Asylum is protection that gives non-citizens temporary status in the United States. For individuals to be granted Asylum, they must fit the definition of a refugee according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. According to Immigration law, a refugee is “a person outside his or her country of nationality who is unable to return to his or her country of nationality because of persecution based on race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion” As mentioned above, the refugee must have proof and a valid reason to seek asylum. At the same time, refugees need to apply for a green card that could grant them permanent residence in the country.

It is very common for immigrants to come into the United States seeking asylum. However, not everyone is granted asylum or labeled as a refugee. First, Abogado Guerrero will help you fill out the appropriate forms such as the Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal. This application needs to be filled out if you are physically in the United States and you are seeking asylum. To be eligible for asylum, you must be present in the United States for less than a year and you must have proof that you are in danger of persecution in your home country. After we help you file and submit your application, we will have to wait for about 180 days for an interview and then for a decision made by the department of U.S. Immigration Services.

There are many situations that our clients may find themselves in and so we want to make sure that you are well informed based on your situation. If you are currently in the country illegally you can apply for asylum as long as you don’t have any removal proceedings. If you have been convicted for a crime and are seeking asylum you may not be eligible from being granted asylum depending on the severity of the crime. If you find yourself in any of these situations contact Abogado Guerrero at our Immokalee office in Florida (239) 682-8055.

Areas of Practice
Our mission is to advise you and protect your legal rights here in the United States

Work Visas

In order to get a job in the United States, you need a work permit, which is legally an employment authorization document.


An asylum or refugee is a form of protection offered to people who are already in or arriving in the United States


The Fiancé(e) Visa is for U.S. citizens who wish to bring a fiancé(e) who is a foreign citizen

Pardon of illegal presence

The process of provisional exemption for unlawful presence does not change the immigrant visa process.


The Secretary of DHS may designate a country to TPS due to the following temporary conditions

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a serious problem for the family, particularly the family that has an undocumented person.


Deportation of a family member from this country is a life-changing event.La deportación de un familiar de este país es algo que le cambia la vida.


The Residency process is an extremely important step in the immigration process.

American Citizenship

Our immigration law firm can help you become a U.S. citizen.

Criminal Defense

If you have been arrested or are under investigation for a crime, you should hire a defense attorney who can make the difference between keeping your record clean and staying out of jail.

Family Rights

Through family-based immigration, our goal is to keep families together.

Request a
Free Consultation
We will do our best to to help you. Please leave your information so we can contact you.

    Miami, Florida
    28 W. Flagler St. Str 710
    Miami, FL 33130
    Cary, North Carolina
    106 Fountain Brook Circle, Suite D
    Cary, NC 27511
    Clinton, North Carolina
    2164 Southeast Blvd
    Clinton, NC 28328
    McAllen, Texas
    1508 W Dove Ave, Suite D
    McAllen, TX 78504
    Immokalee, Florida
    550 New Market Rd E, Suite #6
    Immokalee, FL 34142
    Atlanta, Georgia
    2014 Beaver Ruin RD #102 Norcross
    Atlanta, Georgia 30071